Sunday, May 20, 2007

Special delivery from China!

Mein Gummibaer came back from China and he came bearing gifts!

A Chinese pattern book!
Being the smart cookie that he is he looked through the book and saw that everything was laid out in diagrams and charts and he thought, "she can decipher this!" He was right! It is pretty clear even though I can't read any of it.
There are about 170 patterns and variations in the book! Mostly for dress suits and many of them are in lovely lace patterns, I can't wait to try some of them.

Some of you may be wondering why I call him Mein Gummibaer. well, here is the story. We are both German language students and he has come up with so many pet names for me in German that it was time I found one for him! When I saw this video, I laughed so hard, I knew it had to be his new name! My Godmother calls him a Teddy Bear and I always say he turns into a grizzly bear when he gets hungry, the only thing to do is throw food and run! so, it fits him ;)


No comments: