Saturday, May 05, 2007

Knitting in Germany

Check this out! Knitting in Germany. One of the things I really want to do in Germany is get together with knitters. I only speak a little German and I'm not sure I will be able to work when I'm there so I need a place to meet people and get to know them, after all what is the point of going to a new place and not learning about it's people? I think the best way to meet new people is to share something you are interested in, something you have in common so that it is easier to get over the language barrier. My two greatest interests are cooking and knitting so I am trying to find a way to connect with like minded people in Duisburg. I am lucky that I already have a friend who lives in Duisburg and that I know some German. I'm totally going to have a great time, I just want to plan ahead to make the most of it!

1 comment:

Nad said...

Hallo und viele Grüße aus Deutschland! Schön, dass du mein Blog besucht hast- ich freue mich immer über Kommentare! Ich habe gelesen, dass Du im Sommer nach Deutschland kommst und Stricker treffen möchtest- wenn Du ins Saarland kommst, würde ich dir gerne die beiden LYS zeigen! (Saarland ist der kleine Staat neben Luxemburg und Frankreich!)

Liebe Grüße, Nadine