Friday, March 02, 2007

The Wedding Shawl

I have cast on! I am making a shawl for my sister's wedding. She has chosen Ruby zephyr wool silk for the yarn and I am using Evelyn A Clark's Shetland Triangle pattern form Wrap Style.I fell in love with this pattern when I saw this version and this version knitted up. Absolutely gorgeous! I am using my new Knit picks needles in size 5 (3.75mm). I plan to make the shawl a little bigger than it is in the book. So far it is going well, I was surprised that I only had to do the cast on once. I often cast on more than once because I am so picky about how it looks but this one was really easy! I have finished the neck section and have just started the main lace pattern. The lace is based on the traditional fir cone patten. I love it. I think this will be a long project and I am looking forward to knitting lace and making my first lace weight shawl. I have until August to finish it so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Gina House said...

Oh, I'm very envious of you knitting the Shetland Triangle. I've been dying to do that forever. I can't wait to see your progress! Good luck!!

And, by the way, thank you for the wonderful, supportive comments you sent my way!!! It meant a lot to me!

Gina : )