Sunday, March 11, 2007

Leahy Concert and My Favorite Summer Recipe.

I had a great time at the Leahy concert. The music was fast paced and exciting and the dancing was impressive! Not only did they dance while playing their fiddles, but one of the ladies danced even though she was pregnant! I had a chance to talk to the performers during the day and after the show, really nice people, like most of the Canadians I have had the pleasure to meet! The overall feeling I got was that they were a family on a trip together. They had their kids with them and everyone was low key and friendly. If you ever get the chance to go see them I highly recommend it for anyone who likes Celtic music.

The weather was so nice this weekend that Mein Gummibaer and I decided to have a picnic in the park with our friends who are visiting from Germany. We had a bottle of wine from our trip this summer to Virginia and I made my favorite chicken salad. I got this recipe from my dear Aunt who lives in San Diego, California. She makes this with her leftover grilled chicken, it's delicious!

Chicken Tarragon Salad
4 cooked Chicken Breasts cut into cubes.
2 minced Shallots
Mix together with enough mayonnaise (or plain yogurt) to coat and season to taste with chopped fresh or dried Tarragon, A good quality White Wine Vinegar and Salt + Pepper.
Serve over a green salad, on a sandwich or enjoy as is!

P.S.
Thank you to everyone who has left a comment! Getting a comment really lights up my day.

No comments: