Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Leafing out!

Spring is here! The trees are green and the weather is warm, too warm for a sweater. Which of course means I am knitting one! I finally cast on for my lace leaf pullover and am almost half way done with it, talk about instant gratification!


I am loving this project. I am using lambs pride bulky in Kiwi and my knit picks needles in us 15. Because I knit backwards, (I'm left handed) I had to do some serious tweaking of the pattern to make the placement of the leaf motif and the button hole come out just right. But I am very happy with the results. I can't wait to wear this sweater! I love the pattern and I am excited to have a warm comfy sweater that I can hang out in. Now I just need to find the perfect button for the neck.

PS:

The color is a little off in this picture, The green is actually a bit brighter. I have been using my scanner until I get a digital camera :(

1 comment:

Teej said...

The leaf motif in your sweater is gorgeous! What a fabulous color for that sweater.

I'm curious about how you knit - I've heard some rather vehement arguments about how lefties shouldn't have to knit any differently, and some equally vehement ones insisting that they do. Were you taught to knit leftie, or did you try rightie knitting and discover it just didn't work?

I was browsing in Wendy's comments and noticed yours about commenting etiquette - I'm similarly puzzled about both when to comment (all the time? just with something substantive?) and as a blogger, how and when and where to respond!