Monday, October 30, 2006

Stash Deficiency?!!

Oh yes, I really do have a stash deficiency. How is this possible, you ask? Well it's true I am a relatively new knitter and tend to only buy for specific patterns. I have finished a couple of things so my stash is down to three or four projects! (plus two or three pairs of socks) One of my stash projects is kind of a summer thing and one I really want to cast on but I need needles, I dream of new patterns and all the lovely things I could make for Christmas and of handpainted sockyarn! Have you seen Fearless Fibers new almost solid colorways? I LOVE them! But alas I have to wait until my credit card has risen from the ashes like a phoenix.
It is still October for a day so I have cast on a pair of socks least I be left out of the fun!! I am finally knitting a pair for ME, Yes I am knitting for myself! (pats herself on the back) I am using a crazy self striping yarn I bought along with my first sock book. I am using it to practice short row toes and heels. This will be my first toe up socks. I am on a quest to find my perfect sock! So this is just a fun little project to keep me interested.
I also cast on for a cotton sweater for one of my brothers. The pattern is Pulse from Rowan's Denim People but I am using a different cotton. However it is on hold because I have to switch needles and the ones I need are occupied by the dishcloth set.
I have been experiencing a low in my knitting recently. I am not too excited about any of the things on my needles. I need to buckle down and finish the Durrow sweater and the dishclothes.

No comments: