Saturday, February 16, 2008

All Knitting and No Spinning.......

After I went to the spinning tea I was on a roll. I finished spinning the Rose Wensleydale roving into singles and then I Andean plyed it. I ended up with this lovely two ply that is about DK weight. It turned out quite nice and I already have some ideas what I want to knit with it!

Since then I have been concentrating on the Pulse cotton sweater that has been on my needles for almost two years!!! I hate knitting this. I don't quite know what I dislike so much but it has been sitting in my knitting basket taunting me for way too long. last night I finished the front. that only leaves the sleeves and the finishing! A big mile stone reached!

I imideatly cast on for the sleeves, two at the same time, so as not to lose my momentum. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As the crusade of the cotton sweater continues, My pretty little fiber basket calls from the corner.

I am itching to start spinning up some of this roving for socks but I will just have to wait until I finish some of my WIP's. My knitting time has been taken over by moving and now a job. Pesky little things, jobs. They do tend to cut into the knitting time.

Look what I found in my fiber basket when I went to take a picture this morning!

See that? A tasty little treat. No, not the spindle, the licorice!

My Gummibaer has been leaving little treats for me to find all over the house.

He hid one with my morning tea and one in my knitting. I never know when I will come across a little treat hidden just for me!

Isn't he a sweetie!

3 comments:

Victoria Bennett said...

Your spinning looks great! Is it really relaxing or do you have to concentrate hard on when you are doing? I always think it looks so peaceful to watch someone spinning.

Kate Diamond said...

What a beautiful color. And what a sweet guy!

Victoria Bennett said...

Thanks for your comment on my kilt hose. It was really good to get them finish, they seemed to take forever. It was really nice when I gave them to him that he went and put his kilt on right away. We're both lucky with our sweetheart's I think!