Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowed in = lots of Knitting

Mushu Kitty likes the snow too!

I have been holed up in the snow here and that means knitting and lots of it!

I finished both the girlfriend swing coats




and I started my Birch! I love, love, love this project! The yarn is to die for, the pattern is perfect and I am enjoying the lace. Did I mention I can't wait to wear this shawl!??

I also started a hat for my brother using the Zeebee pattern. This is a fun knit. He picked the colors to go with his winter jacket. I think they look like cantaloupe and honeydew so I am calling this the melon hat.

I am teaching my sister to knit. She is making a simple hat. I think a hat is a great first project because it is small, simple, everyone likes them and not boring to knit. She is doing very well and learning fast! We might have a new knitter on our hands!
When I am not knitting I'm in the kitchen getting ready for Christmas!

These are my favorite Gingerbread cookies, we have made them every year since I was little.

2 comments:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Wow, you've been knitting up a storm! Well, that's the positive aspects of snow storms, there's such a lot of time to knit! I absolutely adore the jackets you made, and your Birch is also going to look fantastic in this colorway! And your little kitty - ahhh, what a beauty!!!!

Victoria Bennett said...

Your Birch is going to be beautiful. I made one for my mum in some drops Alpaca and it turned out really well. Its a fun knit.

I wish I was snowed in too. I'm feeling quite board at work and the knitting in my bag is calling to me!