Sunday, May 13, 2007

Pitfalls of Packing

I don't know about you, but for me packing is one of the activities that tends to be put off until the last minuet. I plan, I scheme, I organize, but I don't pack. This time seems to be better, I have moved so much and this apartment is so small, that I already know exactly what is here and how to pack it.

I have moved eleven times since I left home in 2000. Military, School etc. I have lived in Chicago IL, Port Townsend WA, San Diego CA, Montpelier VT, Boston MA, and Jonesboro AR. As well as three ships.

Now, I have packed my clothes, most of my stuff and my yarn. Yarn is new. This is the first time I have had a stash to pack. I organized it, and in the process I rediscovered a couple of projects that need to be done soon, because the recipients are growing fast as is the custom for small people.
Such are the pitfalls of packing, you find everything that has been forgotten and stuck in the back of your closet. You can spend hours looking at old pictures, get caught up in an old project, or even go on a dust bunny crusade!

I am making two swing coats for my friend's little girls. I am using Mission falls 1824 wool in Macaw #27 and Mallow #25 I plan to use ribbon ties instead of buttons for the front. A quick and easy project that helps to keep my mind off my empty house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I definitely hate packing. Thanks for all the podcast links!