Sunday, October 08, 2006

Socktober!

My Goals for Socktoberfest are:
1) Finnish Mein Gummibaer's socks
2) Find/design a pattern for thigh highs
3) Buy fearless fibers and cast on for said thigh highs

I am a bit behind on Socktoberfest because I just started a new job! Yay! I have been busy with that so not much time to knit. I have however, managed to mess up MG's socks. I got all the way to the toe graft before admitting that the toe decreases were not right. Think uber pointy toe. So I froged back to the beginning of the decreases and started the toe over. That would not be so bad except that it took me HOURS to frog because the stitches are so tiny and next to impossible to pick up. My gauge is 12 sts/inch. I finally got that done and started knitting again and it looks much better.

I must confess I am losing my grip on my knitting sanity. I used to only have one or two projects going or planed at a time then it was three of four and now? I have so many that I stress about finishing them! I have been promising to make Teva Durham's Lace Leaf Pullover for myself for months but I have been side tracked. First by this sweater for my brother then by a shawl for my grandmother and now by a cute little sweater that I want to make for my friend's TWO little darlings. Help!! With Christmas looming I just can't justify "wasting" my precious knitting time by making something for myself and I can't help myself, I keep adding projects for gifts, I'm not even sure I can get them done even if I don't knit for me. I know I should just pick one or two and leave some for next year but they are so pretty and I know the recipients will love them! Oh woe is me! What to do!

No comments: