Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Socks, socks and more socks

I have completed my first pair of socks for Sock Wars! Now I just have to wait and see if I get killed by Socks of Doom before I receive socks in progress from my victim, Hmmm.. will I live to kill again? Meanwhile, I am working on Mein Gummibaer's Socks. I have not been completely satisfied with the common wedge toe. I find it too pointy. So I decided to find a new toe for these socks. MG tends to wear a hole in the toes of his socks so something sturdy was in order. I went to my handy dandy sock book stack and found just what I was looking for in Queen Kahuna's Crazy toes and heels. I am going to use the "Cathy's creation" toe which is nice and rounded but still a grafted toe. Gummibaer likes grafted toes better. And I am going to use heel stitch for more durability! Yay! A new technique! I'll let you know how it comes out.

1 comment:

Miss Lime said...

It sounds like you have all kinds of wonderful socky goodness going on! Thanks for the post to the L&V blog. You mentioned that you're looking for a thigh-high sock pattern that stays up without garters. I'm not sure if this will stay up or not but this is the website I'm using for the one's I'm making right now: http://www.panix.com/~ilaine/socks.html.
You put in your own measurements so it's made specifically for you. You will need a 1/2 inch of negative ease in general to keep your socks from bagging, so if you go by that rule of thumb, a pair of thigh-highs just might stay up on their own. It's worth a try anyway. :)

Miss Lime